Thanks for considering our services for your family shoot. An outdoor family shoot is a great investment to create some great memories which get preserved with creative imagery. A family shoot can also be a great team building exercise.
On this page we are sharing some tips for planning a Family Shoot. After the tips we also share some location recommendations for a family shoot.
TIPS, HOW TO PREPARE FOR A FAMILY SHOOT
1. Try to coordinate the outfits. The outfits need not to be exactly of the same color. But try to avoid too many bold and different colors. The shoot has to be about the family members and you would not like too many distracting colors taking away that attention.
2. For ladies, we strongly recommend getting the makeup and hair done professionally .
3. Family shoot can also be planned around a theme, for example, picnic, a sports activity or anything else that family usually enjoys together. Please collect and coordinate different props related to the them and bring them with you. If you have pets, we are sure you love them as a family member, so bring them along.
4. In addition to the posed pictures, we also recommend taking the candid pictures. After your posed images, ignore the camera and just interact among yourself as you do at home. That helps to capture the natural moments.
5. Try to pick up a spot which is not too crowded. Having the shoot on a weekday also helps. As much as we love people, we do not want strangers in your outdoor family pictures.
6. Most importantly, HAVE FUN during the shoot. The fun and energy does get transferred to the images.
VENUES FOR FAMILY SHOOT
A family shoot is primarily about family. As long as we have a open, clean areas which is not crowded, we can create images for our clients. Many families do ask for our recommendation for public parks, here are some suggestions.
The oldest Asian estate and garden in Western Hemisphere, a tranquil place of peace and harmony. 18 acres of magnificent beauty nestled in the verdant hills of Saratoga overlooking Silicon Valley. Below are some images from this great location. On weekdays they close at 4pm. There is also a fee for doing the shoot there. But it is less crowded as compared to public parks.
Click HERE for directions
A green space featuring a 15-mile paved trail, plus picnicking, disc golf, a dog park & a velodrome.
3. SANBORN COUNTY PARK,saratoga
This is our favorite place away from noise and very clean. Most of the spots inside the park does not have cell phone network, So if we shoot here we will discuss all the details in advance.
This lushly wooded park of over 3,688 acres, is nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains between Saratoga and Skyline Boulevard. This mountain park of redwoods and tan bark oak, offers hiking, camping, RV camping and picnicking opportunities year round.
4. Central Park, Santa Clara
A fifty-two acre park, Central Park has major facilities including picnic facilities, children's play area, public restrooms, amphitheater, parking, two lighted tennis courts, basketball courts, the Veterans Memorial, and a 30,000 square foot Community Recreation Center International Swim Center, a lake, large group picnic areas, a lawn bowling green, exercise course, and the Central Park Library.
Click HERE for images and directions
Best area to shoot in this Park - Right after you enter the park, make first right towards Peterson Grove. Park in the parking area and walk from there.